Thursday, August 2, 2012

Packing Day

Thanks to PE teacher Craig, plus JD and Sam, my household is packed into a steel container sitting in my driveway.  It is odd to think that all my belongings fit into a 8 X 15 ft box, with piano at Maureen's, and Great Grandmother's portrait about to move into Karen's home.  The dear van, aka "White Pony", sold to Laura's family.  I'm down to clearing out the food / fridge and packing for Beirut. After that, must clean the rental and leave the keys with Rita, my landlord. Beirut stuff is spread over the floor in Erik's former bedroom; everything from map of Lebanon, to clothes, travel books, and a pound of Whidbey Coffee (!), gift from Kailey's lovely family. When Donna dropped by to view my "Pack for Beirut staging area", the first thing to catch her eye was that pound of coffee!

Meanwhile it amazes me how everything is working out.  My kind neighbor, Suzanne, has given me the key to her house across the street.  I am using her guest bedroom and kitchen while I clear out my life from the rental.  When the van sold in two days (Thank you Drewslist ad!), friend Pat came to my rescue.  "Use my truck!"  I've been able to deliver boxes to Erik and Kate, to the recycler, and eventually, the dump.  Thank you Pat!  

No comments:

Post a Comment