Thursday, July 12, 2012

Shipping? Forget it.

I just got off phone with another shipper, and was informed that I'm not allowed to ship ANYTHING personal to Lebanon. If I were a business woman shipping goods for sale, that would be different.  But for moving?  Forget it; NOTHING.  Everything has to go with me in the plane, overage costs and all.

I can't help wondering... If it's so hard to get things IN to Lebanon, how is it taking things OUT?

Mom, thank you for getting me into backpacking way back when.
What were those 10 essentials?
Map, sunscreen, water, change of clothes, matches, whistle, compass, flashlight/ batteries... Can anyone help me out there?  I'm going to treat this as a backpack expedition: Take only what is absolutely needed, and then repack it into smaller sized containers, enough to get by.  Goodbye hairdryer, Hello iPad!

THANK GOD HUMOR DOESN'T TAKE UP SPACE!
I'm ordering an extra large dose of that today.

No comments:

Post a Comment