Monday, July 2, 2012

Monday moods

First thing I let go of this morning was my 12 year membership to Island Athletic Club.  Carolyn, Breathe!  You've still got til the end of the month to use it.

Next to go were the keys to my school and classroom, left in the office drawer, as instructed... 21 years worth of keys, again, just stuff.  "Breathe Carolyn, Inhale...!  Remember that this is only walls and paint and carpet. It'll be here when you come back."  ....Slow exhale.


On a happier note,  I'm almost invincible.  Got diptheria-Tetanus-Pertussis in the right arm,  Hep A and B in the left, and typhoid, thank God, is pills to swallow!  Insurance doesn't cover the unusual ones; so the heps ($160) and typhoid ($53) are on me.

On an even happier note, not hard to do, I've discovered my latest craze; scanning!  It's amazing that I figured out how to do this!!!  With the help of email and scanner, I plan to take only clothes, guitar, and my classroom in a thumb drive. Can you believe it?  Gotta be happy about that!

Best of all was assisting with swim lessons for the tiniest polliwogs!  Kristi called for help, and I showed up at the pool.  My first charge was in tears within minutes of putting her chin in the water. Later she forgot to be afraid as we zoomed through the water "as fast as a shark!"  Second session, second charge was in tears after she stepped into deeper water like her taller sister had done.  We splashed through a few rounds of  London Bridge, and the next thing you know, she was teaching me a song; So Sweet! Kids = the worst and best of times!

No comments:

Post a Comment