Sunday, March 23, 2014

Italy #2: Rome

Hate to cry when it's time to leave? 
Then stay away from Rome!
Trevi Fountain and my wish? Return trip!
Margaret and I; happy travelers!
I loved Rome.
Irony here were the warnings: You'll be lucky if you still have your purse 30 minutes after you get here... 
My friend lost her money belt in Venice.... 
My cousin's husband lost his wallet 15 minutes after he got off the train... 
and on and on the stories go.
When I realized I still had my purse and had been in Rome for over an hour, I gave a silent cheer!  
The truth is, if you are aware, and careful, there is nothing to fear.  
Rome is a treasure chest; surprises around every corner.  
I was disgusted as much as amazed with the coliseum, awed by the Vatican, humbled in the presence of Michelangelo, and thrilled with my visit to the Borghese Museum and Gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment