Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Guess my age?

Hi Everyone!
Today's the great birthday!
Friend Barbara, our tech guru, had fun recording my "age riddle" for the kids.  They'd been trying to guess my age, so of course, had to make it into something fun.
See link below.

http://classblogmeister.com/blog.php?blogger_id=354060

Today is birthday day, February 13th.  We had parent conferences in the afternoon to follow up report cards that went home Monday.  These were challenging conferences, although many parents were not only helpful, but kind.  Grades are a BIG deal, a high stakes deal here.  Being honest can be downright difficult on a good day.  Lucy tells me since it's my first year at ACS, parents are more challenging; that it will get easier next year.  I hope so.

My birthday plans have taken a dive into bed!  As the day went on, a fever and aches began to take over.  I'm staying home from choir rehearsal and the Mardi Gras party, just resting.  But not depressed, thanks to all the mail on Facebook and gmail.  I'm not alone with all of these loving thoughts and well wishes.

Skyped with sister and dad.  Wonderful to catch up with them n the morning while night falls here.
I am ONE LUCKY GIRL!

Best to you all, and Thank you for making my birthday special, no matter what.
LOVE YOU ALL.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carolyn - and Happy Belated Birthday! I found your blog through googling about ACS, because my husband and I will be teaching there next year in the high school. I've enjoyed looking through your posts and getting a preview of what's to come - we're very excited about our new move. Right now we are living and teaching in Skopje, Macedonia, but my husband's family lives on Whidbey Island, and we'll be there at some point this summer - will you be around? Maybe we could meet up! My email address is avillagio at gmail - we would love to hear from you. It sounds like you are having some great adventures. :) Best wishes - Amy (and Jim)

    ReplyDelete