Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Day

Christmas dawned sunny and early.  First horn honking car didn't pass until 7:30 am, late by Beirut standards, for you see, this is a business day for many people in the Middle East.  In some ways that makes it easier to be here because regular life goes on.  Just join the throng of walkers scooters and drivers, and you feel, well, "regular".  For each of the past 3 years I fretted for weeks, even months ahead, about how to make Christmas happy: Who would I be with? What shopping was there to do?  Would my kids come to the island or would I go to them? Would I even see them, and How?  Never mind the baking and card list.  I haven't actually sent Christmas cards for several years.  At this point, and in this place, I think it's time to let go of that guilt.  Isn't it what we do all year round that matters most? That said, I've always delighted in the cards that come in the mail.  Here there's no land mail, or very little of it.  I've received 5 pieces of mail since I arrived in Beirut, and two were from T Mobile...  It's email, and e-cards now; some with audio and photos... totally cool for an overseas taste of home.
I want to thank you for your email and your cheerful wishes of encouragement and good will.  I feel like I have an army of support ever ready, all the time.  It's gotten me through a lot.
I hope you know that I am here for you too. You are in my thoughts and prayers.  

*
In
case 
*you*
 haven't 
**heard**
*Dear Friends* 
***and Family***  
**I'm wishing you a**
Merry Christmas! 
**** Wherever you are,**** 
no matter who you are with, or not with, 
**and no matter what you are doing,** 
********cards or no cards...********
Blessings on each of you today and always.  
love
Carolyn


No comments:

Post a Comment